Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Thankful


FYI this isn’t going to be a funny post, and while that is the point most of the time I promised myself that this blog would be about everything going on in my life.  Everything isn't always funny, but this thing is a good thing.

This past year was a tough year for so many different reasons and days were often like this.  A lot of times when we go through difficulty we don’t get to see how that difficutly is going to be used by God.  Instead we want until we arrive in heaven to see how the pieces of our life fit together with others.

But, I have been lucky enough to have been thrown in a completely uncomfortable situation and God is using me.  I am creating change and building people up, but I would never have been able to make this impact or relate to others if I hadn’t go through all of the previous junk.  I understand what it is like to have a person say nasty things about you and others with no power to make change.  I get what it is like to hate doing something every day, but you continue because it is the right thing to do.  I know what it is like to be miserable and to never see the light at the end of that tunnel.

BUT….God is now using me to be that light for others.  He is allowing me to create change that is good, and on top of that I now hear how valuable I am.  I hear “Thank you” and "you’re making a difference".  So all I have to say is that God really does use those tough times for the good.  The thing we always have to remember is that the good may not be seen by us, but there is good coming from it and eventually it will matter to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment