Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Finally caught that cold going around


So Jerry is on his last week of training for the new job, and I am so ready for him to be back home full time.  But the little stinker brought a cold home to me.  Seriously!  I fought the cold that was going around when we were in Redding, and succeeded in never catching it.  But Jerry comes home for one weekend, 48 hours and I get this stupid cold?  Yup, so now I have that wonderful head in the cloud feeling and I feel like I am moving in slow motion while the world is moving in fast forward.

Anyhooo, as much as I sure you want to know about the color of my snot (yellow / green) and the ridiculous amount of sinus pressure I am feeling, that isn't what we are talking about today.  No today is a rant because when I get sick the sass level dramatically increases.  Today is to tell the world to stop focusing on yourself and start looking at the people around you.  Stop pretending that you aren't selfish.  You are selfish, I AM SELFISH.  We are all selfish (please sing that to the tune of the ice cream song), and frankly I am tired of everyone being so selfish including myself.

I am tired of hearing “Well what are you going to do for me?” or “What am I going to get out of that?”.  Maybe the question you and I should be asking is “What am I going to put into this?”.  This is especially true with God.  I think that honestly we should all start worrying about what other people are getting out of our relationships instead of what we are.  I also think that if we change this thinking that we would be more in tune with what other people are actually thinking and worried about, instead of assuming we know the answers.

So, this next week why don’t you try with me to think about others first, put their needs before yours.  I honestly think that if we took this and really tried we might be able to make a difference in someone’s life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment