Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Me trying to be crafty


A while back Jerry and I helped out the Future President’s parents and sister move their stuff after a garage sale, and so they let me take this sign for free as payment.  Little did they know that the pizza they provided was more than enough.  J

Anyways, I wasn’t really keen on the all-black sign, and didn’t find it welcoming, but I have been looking for things to make our front porch look pretty (Although that box with the new shoes I am waiting on will do the job just nicely, if they would ever come).  So, I decided that I would repaint the sign to be more “me” and then hang it on the front porch, the 1st step to make it more welcoming.  Thank goodness Jerry is around because he was able to help organize me so I can actually make this a reality.  So, here is the first half of the steps we are taking to make this prettier.

We needed to take off the twirls and surrounding metal piece to paint it, and once we had it off I decided I liked it better that way.  My house isn’t ornate and so the simple sign will look much better, plus part of the top was broken and we had no way to fix it.


Then we took an SOS pad to it to sand off any lose paint and get rid of the dust and dirt.




Then Jerry read the directions as any good husband would do.

Then he showed me how to spray paint it because he was worried I’d go buck wild and the entire garage would be in my favorite color.  If you know me at all you are not surprised at this color choice because if possible I’d probably be painted this color that is how much I love it!



We put several coats on the front, then flipped it and sprayed the back and sides.  




This paint dried to the touch in several minutes and we were able to flip it about 2 hours after that last coat was sprayed.  Then I let it dry for 24 hours to make sure that it set fully.  So, far so good!  Next post will be the letters and boarder!

No comments:

Post a Comment