Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Blah blah balah


This week has been one crazy messed up roller coaster and I have a hate love hate relationship with them.  The anxiety to get on a roller coaster has me peeing my pants, throwing up in my mouth and fighting the urge to throw myself down a flight of stairs all at the same time.  Then I get on the roller coaster and almost pee myself every time I am facing the drop at the top, but then love it from that point on.  Why the second hate in the relationship you ask?  Well that is because the combination of adrenaline and anxiety causes a lovely headache at the completion of this ride.

The worst experience of this is when I am getting on a roller coaster I have never before experienced.  Case in point the time Jerry decided it would be awesome to take me on California Screamin’ at Disneyland.  I am feeling the usual anxiety and a little worse because it is my first time on this ride.  Jerry is joking that we are going to sit in the way back so I feel every whip of the turn.  He claims it makes it more exciting.  At this point my legs lose their ability to function, and Jerry proceeds to drag my limp body to the platform.  I now start to sing worship songs, and ask God to take me quickly if it’s my time.  Jerry gets me loaded in with the help of the ride operator.

We then leave the platform, go around the corner and stop.  To which I squeak out “why are we stopping?”  And Jerry replies with a bit too much glee “I am not sure you’ll have to wait and see.”  The there is a count down, and I freak out “Why is it counting? Why is it counting?  Why is counting? WHY IS IT COUNNNNNTTTTIING?”  FYI it counts because it is preparing you for the inevitable blast off.  Finally my ride of torture is over and Jerry shows me the blood blisters from digging my nails in so hard on the blast off.  That’ll teach him to gleefully hide things from me on future rides.

So, when a week is a roller coaster it is often a week that calls for hiding out a home and not being sociable, but this weekend I am doing things differently by getting my party on and celebrating Glamorama’s birthday with my gal pals!  Let’s hope I actually remember to bring a camera and capture the fun we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment