Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Crafty Kelly part 2


This post is supposed to be the finished sign project, but in an effort to keep expectations low, you only get part two.

So I am still in the process of painting the white on, and after about 100 more coats it should be finished.  Meaning the final post will be up in three months since we are waiting a day betwixst each coat.

If i didn't mention this before all of the paint is oil based because it will prevent the metal from rusting unlike a water based one, which will actually cause the metal to rust.  For the lettering we chose to go with a gloss white, so it would be bright white.  That way there is no doubt in your mind we are welcoming you into our home.

To apply the paint I needed a thin brush so enter old make-up brushes.  I used the one on the right because I knew it would be easier to control.  Of course if you are going to do this make sure you clean the brushes really good because you don't want the make-up to stain the paint like I almost did.

Here is the required shot of my painting, so you know I didn't hire someone else to do this. 



That is after one coat of paint which is not nearly enough.  I am on three and a half coats.  Three and a half you ask?  It's because one night I got through WELC and the next night I only got through OME and the boarder and started again.  So, I need to catch up and finish it off.  The painting should be done tonight or tomorrow morning. Then Jerry needs to drill the holes, touch up the paint and attach the cute rope we have yet to find.  Needless to say we'll be lucky if we get this done and hung up by the end of this long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment