Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

When I grow up I want to be….a housewife?

I figured out what I want do for the majority of my life, or more accurately I stopped denying it.  I think that was what last Monday’s post was all about.  I have been given a heart to stay home and take care of my family; make sure dinner is cooked, the dishes are done and everyone has clean socks. 

I think I have been afraid to admit this because as a woman people think you are crazy if this is your life’s dream.  They remind you about all the hard work women in the past have put in to get us here, and then say that we have so far to go against the glass ceiling.  But, that isn’t my passion and I don’t share the same drive to fight that fight for the next 40 years.  Instead, I want to fight to make my husband happy at the end of the day and make sure my kids have a parent at every sporting, dance or art event they are in.

Some of you might think that I am asking for a life of being a servant to Jerry, and in a way you are right but in reality you are very wrong.  You see my husband is the kindest most servant oriented person I know.  He always jumps in and helps, and a life with him would never be a life of indentured servitude (Check out not one but two SAT words!).  Instead it would be me taking care of him, so at the end of a crazy day where people yell at him he is excited to go home.

Does this mean life will be perfect? Ha!  Have you met my dog Rusty?  Or have you ever heard my sassy mouth?  Life won’t be perfect, but if we are both doing something we love it’s one less thing to add stress to our lives. And that, that is what is most important.

Anywho, the whole reason this all was written was because last night Jerry said I had achieved housewife of the year status…aaand the world stopped turning for a moment.  This is why he stated that unbelievable statement:

I am the worst grocery shopper.  Seriously it’s the last thing I want to do at night or on my day off.  It takes a long time, I have to be around weird people and I often freeze in the stores.  Anyyyways, Monday night I remembered that we again didn’t have anything for lunch the next day and I knew Jerry wasn’t going to want to eat a PBJ a third workday in a row.

So I rushed home from bible study at 9pm and decided I was going to make us both dinner.  I decided to make chicken and pasta, but the only problem is that they chicken was frozen.  That means running hot water over it for 5 min, and waiting for the water to boiled.  FYI, the saying a watched pot never boils…totally true and I was watching two pots.

While I was waiting for the water to boil, and then my partially frozen chicken to cook I did the dishes!  Who says you can’t multi-task?  Did I mention I got this all done in 45 min. Hey-oo!

Then yesterday after work I made blueberry muffins for breakfast today and then dinner in a hour; all before Jerry got home.  So, take that Good Housekeeping I AM the house wife of the year!

1 comment:

  1. Love it Kel! The economy makes it tough to admit you want to be home too! I'm right behind you!

    -Kait

    ReplyDelete