Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Let's play tag, shall we?

This past weekend I went to winter camp with the high school group at our church, and it was a good time with a small amount of sleep.

The real story, though, happened before I even left for camp.  I rushed home because I still needed to pack and I knew I was only going to have about 45 min to get everything done.  Miracles of miracles I was ahead of schedule and got the car packed up before the other leaders I was riding up with arrived at my house.

I was reading and waiting to hit the road when all of a sudden I noticed Rusty was really quite and no where to be found.  If you can't hear that dog or he isn't standing right next to you, he is in trouble.  I rushed down stairs and see him on the couch munching on something.  He looks at me, immediately stops and looks at as if to say "Don't mind me I am doing nothing, oh crap I haven't fooled her!"  Then he runs off.

If you have never been in my house, our downstairs level is a giant circle with the stairs in the middle.  So I proceeded to chase the dog around the circle, stop go the other way almost catch him and then chase him again.  This goes on for a few minutes and Izzy decides she needs to jump in the action and actually helps me corral him.

At this point life moves in slow motion.  I finally grab him and as I am trying to wrestle a sock of out his mouth my glasses fall down onto the floor and I crush them with my itty bitty size 6 foot.  It is much to late to worry about those so I wrestle the sock completely out of his mouth only to find it has been pepper with holes.

I pick up my glasses and they are completely flat (so flat they could have been used a double monocle (dinocle?)), but the lenses are still good!  So I try to "fix" them so I can at least wear them when I don't have my contacts in.  I got them almost back to normal...the right side still flops around and when I wear them they are crooked.  Ah well they still work, I guess that means I need to go get a new pair.  Aww sucks!

P.S.  This is exactly one of the reasons I need to get lasik!

No comments:

Post a Comment