Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

The day I almost stole from Target

I played hooky from work on Friday, and by play hooky I mean requested the day off so I could do mindless things or lose my mind.  Same thing either way you look at it.

I went and had a hour and a half massage, and it’s true what they say about deep tissue massages; they don’t feel good until a couple of days later.  Then I had to cut Thing 1 and Thing 2’s hair.  No big deal, except we are never quite sure if Thing 1 will look good when I am done. (FYI, he did this time) 

Then the fam and I ran errands, all of us minus my mother because she had some where to go.  If you want to be entertained you should run errands with us because there is never a dull moment.  Especially when Thing 2 will do anything to ride shotgun.  I am convinced that man makes the rules up as we go.  The new rule is blitz, an effort to steal shotgun from the person who called shotgun.  (The way a person steals is by calling blitz and beating the previous person to the car.) Thing 2 attempted to use this against my father but he forgot my dad is faster than him, but the footrace was hysterical. 

Are you still reading?  You are? Crap, here is the story you have been waiting for.  Our next stop was Target, which if it were a man and I weren’t married I’d probably marry it.  We walk by the card section and I realized I never picked up a card for Jerry for Valentine’s day, which is tomorrow in case you didn’t know.  As usual I got distracted and lost and distracted again.  It’s so easy in this store! 

I found my family 4 hours later and we were joking around making our way to the check out.  Still laughing and joking and walked out the store.  Once out of the store I realized that I still had the card in my hand and never paid for it.  To which I exclaimed “I never paid for this!”  So, I ran back inside and paid for that little card, lest I become a thief and break one of the ten commandments.

Best part of the whole thing…I stole right in front of the Target Security guard.  That’s right peeps, I am so sly the man didn’t even notice.  Or he was checking out my butt.  I say win-win for everyone!      

No comments:

Post a Comment