Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Love and Healing

As I have mentioned before this past year was full of tough days, and days that were only completed because of God’s strength.  When you go through these times it affects people around you, and while it is easy to hide it from most people you can’t hide it from the one person you are living with. 

Jerry went through these days, weeks and months with me, and there are days I am sure we both thought we wouldn’t survive.  If we weren’t Christians and didn’t make a commitment for life we honestly probably wouldn’t have survived.  I own so much of this heart ache and pain, but since neither of us are perfect we both made mistakes.

Why am I telling you this?  It’s because for so long growing up in the church all you see is what people want you to see.  There is never real talk about the days you have to fight for your marriage and to hold on to your best friend.  I have said this before, but I want this blog to be a real honest look at my/our life and that includes both the awesome fun times and the struggles that come along.  Marriage is GREAT, but it is also hard work that requires time and energy.

Jerry and I have been rebuilding our marriage and working hard at being friends and appreciating each other.  Recently we went to the Real Marriage Tour that featured Mark Driscoll, and it was awesome!

photo

Through this two day conference we both walked away with things that we need to work on, and the biggest is knowing that we are on the same team.  At the end of the day that is what is most important.  We have had good conversations, and I am really looking forward to this next chapter in our life.  I do know that I am married to the right man, and that I would really rather walk through this life with him than any one else!

No comments:

Post a Comment