Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

New name, same blog

I am pretty sure that I am breaking some blogging cardinal rule or something, but since I never was one to make life easy it seems fitting.  That’s right people, I am changing the name of my blog. 
When I named this blog “Random Wanderings of my Mind” it never felt right, and that is probably because I just needed something and it was a better alternative then all the rest of the ideas I had.  This new title came to me last week when I was writing about our marriage, and it fits what this blog is really about.
Here it is “Together we are Jelly”!  Just as crazy as the previous title, but this one actually has meaning behind it.
Every couple needs a Hollywood couple name and lucky for us ours was bestowed upon us long before we started dating.  We were hanging out with a couple of friends and while one was talking on the phone she said that she was hanging out with Jelly.  We all laughed and went on with our day.  Fast forward 6 months and we started dating; fast forward again 3 years and our pastor accidentally calls us Jelly and Kerry during our wedding ceremony.
So, together our names make jelly.
Now to answer the real question, why am I changing the name?  This blog originally started as a way for me to share who I am what is happening in my life, but the thing is I can’t separate who I am and what I do from Jerry.  We do so much together, and this blog started to become more about our lives and it wasn’t fair to only have it represent me. 
P.S.  Nerd fact – Jelly is sticky and since we are “stuck” with each other until death it is a great nick name.
P.S. If you ever have the urge to buy us jelly please only get Welch’s Grape Jelly as it is the only kind we voluntarily eat.  It really should be the only jelly sold at stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment