Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Insert foot into mouth


You know that moment when someone is trying to console you, but they end up insulting you?  Yeah, I have been getting that a lot since Jerry is gone.  It typically sounds like this:

“How is Jerry’s training going?”
“He is enjoying it.”  
“How much time does he have left?”
“Oh x weeks.” (Today is three FYI)
“That’ll fly by and you won’t even miss him because he is home on the weekends.”

Silence…..Blink

More Silence…..Blink……Blink

This person tripping over themselves to make it better: “Well I mean, of course you miss him, but you only have x weeks more and it’ll fly by.  Plus you are so busy it keeps your mind off of it.  Oh my, look at the time. Bye!”

Yes, you are completely correct I never miss him because he is gone only 5 days instead of 7, and I get to see him after those 5 days for 48 hours.  As a matter of fact I am actually a heartless person that prefers when my husband is gone, and wished he lived away the majority of the time.  That way I can lounge around in my onezie drinking a mojito pretending like everything is normal and saying to myself “This IS the life”.  All the while the dogs are massaging my feet and feeding me grapes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment