Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I might be going blind or I am really blonde


We are on our way up to Cell Phone Purgatory last Monday and things are going fairly smoothly especially for buying our tickets and rental car three hours before we took off.

Things are going so well that Jerry even got an emergency exit seat, and it felt like our flight was only 30 minutes.  Yay!

So, we are on our final approach to Sacramento (which has anyone ever noticed is 20 minutes before the landing gear is extended, exaggerate much? final approach should be as you are dive bombing onto the runway. duh!) and all of a sudden I see a cities lights all come on.  I look at Jerry and say "OMG they must have been having rolling blackouts up here because that city's lights all just came on in a neat little line.  It was so cool, too bad you missed it!"  Then I get that look, yes the one that says can I sass her or should I just gently tell her the mistake she made.  Then the head shake (for the record, I hate the head shake) and then he says "Or it was just cloud cover that is no longer there because, you know, the plane is moving.”

Then I experienced that moment when you know you had a brain fart, but this was a brain fart of epic proportions.  How did I just confuse a cloud with a blackout?  It’s probably because I am slowly losing my ability to see in the dark, and this means I am probably not going to be able to drive at night soon like the 80 year old I know I am turning into.  I guess this means Jerry gets to do all the driving at night when he returns from abandoning me for bigger better opportunities.   



No comments:

Post a Comment