Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas...blah


Christmas is in 4 days…And I am kind of ready for it to be over.  The past couple of years haven’t been all that Christmasy.  It’s probably that thing that happens when you go from being a child to an adult and it just doesn’t hold the wonder and magic that it held back then.

It’s nice be around family and exchange gifts, but the work and the desire that everything must be perfect or be the exact tradition as last year wears me out.  I think a lot of this stems from the fact that after 3.5 years of marriage we still don’t celebrate on our own really.

We barely get to enjoy this season because we are rushing off to this or that, and there are so many days I’d rather sit around enjoy spending time with Jerry being thankful for our savior’s birth. 

I know one thing I can’t wait for is that I don’t have to work at all next week!  I am so excited to be able to sleep in, lie around the house and do nothing if I please.

Also, the one highlight of this week has been watching a bunch of teenagers playing dodge ball with toilet paper.  It was epic and hopefully will be a game that returns!    

No comments:

Post a Comment