Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Barf galore in our house


Do you know what is awesome?  Being 15 minutes late and then having to clean up dog throw up….

Let’s set-up that scene, shall we?

Rusty has been throwing up semi-regularly lately and it’s because he keeps eating towels, socks, tissues, other such items and oh yay POOP just because he can.  Then he eats it because we are gagging so much it’s gone before we can get ourselves under control.  I am pretty sure that Rusty has thrown up the same thing the last four times.  There I am getting ready upstairs (and by getting ready I mean I just finished blow drying my hair and don’t have a layer of clothing on) and he gets the look that says it’s coming up and then he keeps trying to go over in the corner of the room, but I keep trying to get him on the tile.  That doesn’t work so I throw some clothes on and try to rush him down stairs and outside.  Does that work?  Nope the dog runs to the corner upstairs and barfs right in front of the office door.

I decided I don’t care if I am three hours late to work there is no way I am letting this dog eat this again and barf while are gone today.  I lock him in our room so he can’t get to it, but every time I went into the hall the smell of puke and re-eaten poop permeated the area so bad that I had to back into the bedroom 17 times.  Finally I exited the bedroom with the Febreeze on full blast in an effort to mask the smell just long enough so I could clean it up.

 Since we are already on this disgusting journey so let’s take it to the next level.  There were only two things that made me almost lose it worse than the smell.  1. When I was scooping the throw up into the trash bag with the dust pan and three of my fingers slipped into it.  2. After I finished that scoop and I had to go rinse the dust pan off and seeing the residual throw up on that sucker.

I hope your morning started off much better than mine…and if you pass by me and smell throw up just know I was a good dog owner and didn’t let him eat it up this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment