Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

We could never forget

Yesterday was the 10th anniversary of September 11th, and it was remembered with many moving tributes.  I have to been honest though and admit I am tired of people always saying "Never forget" or 'Always remember".  September 11, 2001 completely changed the fabric of the American life.  It is the reason we are in two wars, why we have to go through body scanners at the airports and frankly I will never be able to look at 911 the same.

Yes, it is true that the next generations will not remember it the same way I do, but they will still remember it.  Much the same way I remember Pearl Harbor or the Kennedy assassination.  Every generation has their tragedy, and they are all remembered respectfully.  We will always morn for those that were lost.  Always.  Instead I wish people would say "I'll/We'll never forget" or "I'll/We'll always remember" because we just can't forget.  I truly believe that day was one that changed history forever.




No comments:

Post a Comment