Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Being healthy might kill you

I am attempting to be more healthy because my hips are continuously attaching those doughnuts I eat.  I know everyone says everything in moderation, but unless I eat a thousand pieces of fruit and veggies to one doughnut, moderation doesn't work for me.  I also can't ever seem to make time to work out and I get it's a choice, but the couch feels better than sore muscles!

Anyways, I decided that I am going to start adding Green Superfood (veggie powder) to my diet.  The idea behind it is simple, it is powdered veggies that you add to a drink and it is suppose to help you get your full serving of veggies that day.  I have tried this before in OJ and it wasn't too bad, and after one day I didn't feel anything but I have heard people talk about the benefits of it.  I drink a smoothie almost every morning, and I figured I can add it to that without it tasting too weird.

Anyways, yesterday I get home and see this and the following conversation takes place (poor guy):

Me: Uh, is this a new science experiment?
Jerry: No, it is that awful green stuff you bought.
Me (laughing): Yeah, you for sure don't add this to water and definitely not to 59 oz of water.  Seriously you are suppose to put it in juice or a smoothie, and only like 6 - 12 oz.
Jerry:  It said 6 or more oz and I didn't realize it would taste that bad.
Me:  Yeah, did you even smell it?  It smells like horse food and I wouldn't want that in 59 oz of water.
I love this man so much!

So, I think we have learned a new lesson today boys and girls...Green powder great in smoothies, bad in water.  Especially when water is more than a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment