Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

3 Facebook rules to live by & I do mean live by

We really need to make a pack to stop doing these things on Facebook because, well, they are annoying!

1. Stop complaining about Facebook changes.  Just. Stop.  Facebook changes it's appearance and the location of things twice a year.  Once in the fall (to give kids something new to learn about besides school.  It has to keep their addiction/interest some how!) and generally in spring.  We know that in about six months they are going to change it all again, just to throw us for a loop, but instead of complaining why don't you just cut the cord?  I know it'll be painful, like the dreaded caffeine headache, but then at least you actually did something about your dislike. 

2. The chain posts about cancer, autism, bra color or any other representation of a social issue.  I officially hate everyone in the world because I haven't ever re-posted one of these things and I actually never even read them.  I don't have to read them because they ALL start the same way "It's xxx week / month", followed by a ridiculously long post.  So everyone knows to just skip over that one in their feed

3. Last, but certainly not least...Please quit with the self like / comment!  Do you want to know how we know you like it? BECAUSE YOU POSTED IT!  That is the beauty of social networking you can post something that you like or hate, but it honestly diminishes the meaning when you self like it or comment on your own posting BEFORE anyone else.  It's like you got antsy and can't believe no one liked it, so you assume you will get more hits if you like it first.  Please just let the Internet decide if what you posted was funny, thoughtful or important.

2 comments:

  1. Um, I hate the chain posts so much. And what is even worse is that they always end with someone like "99% of my friends won't repost this." What? Don't judge me for not reposting that!
    I just want to comment something semi-mean like "We don't repost them because they are lame and my support of cancer research is not based on my reposting of dumb things like this."
    ok, maybe that's really mean. I'm mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaha seriously! I have enough Catholic guilt in my life I don't need any from fb friends' status updates. :-)

    ReplyDelete