Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Clearly the reason we shouldn't be allowed to have children yet (or maybe just me)

In case you some how slept through the last 24 hours, and don't ever look at the Internet, own TV, buy into the idea of cable or live under a rock, you know that a ridiculous amount of people were without power in the south west.  That's right it was an "unprecedented" event that has never been seen before, and the way people were acting you would have thought it was the 2nd coming.  We were so out of power that street lights weren't even blinking causing people to believe they always had the right of way.  Treat it like a 4 way stop people, we learned that in driver's ed!:
Throughout this whole event I realized people should be thankful I don't have children yet because I clearly can't take care of myself or my husband in a crisis.  After taking 2 hours to get home I was starving, and those close to me know I turn into Medusa when I go too long without food.  We were definitely getting to that point and the only way I know how to cope is open the refrigerator and stare until something stands out.  Of course that was out because it will make the food good bad quickly, and it will earn me a scolding. 

At this point I needed help, so a friend is suggesting ideas for an hour and we don't have any of her suggestions.  (Did I mention we never went to the grocery store this week?  Yup, all we have left is the remnants of our grocery trip two from weeks ago.)  Then i realized we have a gas stove!  We can totally cook something that is dying of freezer burn and I'll turn back to normal.  So, Jerry proceeds to light the gas stove with normal matches, thank God it was him and not me because I would have either lit myself or the house on fire.

Later, I wanted to die because it felt like we were in Hell and I had a brilliant idea!  Go to Target to get ice cream, it'll give me an excuse to eat a ton before it melts and it will cool us down.  Yeah, except Target is smart and locks their freezers so you can't get the food you really want out!  So we risked our lives for nothing, and Target was a chaotic mess.  So, I asked the smarter of us what is going on and he replies: "The normal people are getting water, you know to survive!"  "Oh yeah we need that too because we don't have anything to drink!"

I did learn two things though.
1. Keeping the refrigerator closed is a crock because we had to through out all the good stuff anyways.  After 4 hours it goes bad anyways, so I COULD have stared into it to my hearts content.
2. People do live under rocks and the person stating this comment proves it:  "Yeah, so La Mesa was sooo dark last night."  Uh apparently you didn't hear that all of Southern CA, and parts of AZ and Mexico were sooo dark as well.  That is kind of what happens when you have a massive blackout.

No comments:

Post a Comment